Saturday 23 June 2018

Cull Campaign update

This week two more letters returned from government bodies I have contacted regarding the Badger cull.

I will post these responses below so you can make your own mind up about the responses. I have also removed the and address lines as well as any references to local people. I do not think it right to make these public.

The first response was from Natural England.


This letter pretty much follows the party line given by DEFRA, it just offers reassurance that they are doing the right thing in the right way.

I also wrote to Warwickshire County Council. I know they have no power over national policy but the cull will be happening in their county and they have a responsibility to at least have a view on the matter and hopefully be persuaded to oppose any culling on county-owned land.


I m not sure what this response leads to, it backs up my general feeling that local government had no idea about the cull expansion but also seems to suggest that they will support the cull... although it could mean they are willing to consider all options such as vaccinating badgers along the lines of the programme once led by Warwickshire Wildlife Trust. At my next local surgery I will have a clarification chat with my local councillor.

Thats all for now on the cull. A lot of data and information had been released about last years cull and I am formulating a post regarding my take on the data they have released.

No comments:

Post a Comment